Dental Crowns Improve shape, colour & size
Dental Crowns in Sutton, Surrey
Dental crowns are a cosmetic treatment for teeth which involves encasing your own tooth with a cap to restore or improve its shape, size, strength and appearance.
Here are some of the most popular options:
Porcelain bonded to precious or non-precious metal: this is what most crowns are made from. A precious or non-precious metal base is made and then porcelain is applied in layers over it.
Full porcelain crowns, these crowns are made entirely out of porcelain and are not as strong as bonded crowns, but they can look very natural and are most often used for front teeth.
Ceramic crowns are metal free. They provide the strength of a bonded crown and the appearance of a porcelain crown. This makes them suitable for use in all areas of the mouth.
Gold crowns were very popular but are less popular today as people tend to want a more natural look.
What are Dental Crowns for?
- Restoring a broken tooth, or teeth that have been worn down
- Holding a dental bridge in place
- Covering a dental implant
- Covering and supporting a tooth with a large filling
- Protecting a weak tooth from breaking or to hold parts of a cracked tooth together
- Improving the appearance of your smile