DDS (Sweden). GDC No: 75322
SPECIALIST IN ORAL SURGERY ENGLAND
Lecturer at Eastman Dental Institute
Specialist in oral & maxillofacial surgery in Sweden & Denmark
Dr Manhem qualified from Dental College, University of Gothenburg, Sweden in 1983. His main interest within odontology was Oral Surgery, which lead to the specialist-training program in Oral Surgery. He completed his specialisation in Oral Surgery in 1994 at University of Linköping, Sweden. After working in two University Hospitals – the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in Stockholm, Sweden and in Aarhus, Denmark as Assistant Professor, he moved to London in 1998.
During this period he also worked at several Implant clinics, and in a private hospital as a Consultant, treating a variety complex cases. Since 1998, he has worked at the Eastman Dental Institute, University College London and from June 1999 at ICED – EDI, University College London.
Major cases and patients who require treatment with General Anaesthesia are treated at the Harley Street Clinic Hospital, London. His main clinical interests are Implantology, Reconstructive Surgery and Orthognathic Surgery.
Another main interest is teaching. He was Head for the Implantology Surgical teaching program for undergraduate students at Royal Dental College in Aarhus, Denmark for three years. At Eastman Dental Institute, he was Clinical Lecturer at the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Implantology from 1998 to 2002. Since October 2000, he has been the Director for the Implantology Step-by-step course Program at CPD – EDI, University College London and is running several Implantology courses. At the Department of Maxillofacial Surgery University Hospital, Linköping, Sweden he is involved in a specialist training program for residents in Maxillofacial Surgery.
He is also involved in research on implants with regards to the healing processes and biocompatibility of different implant materials.
- Specialist in Oral Surgery and Surgical Dentistry – UK
- Specialist in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery – Sweden
- Specialist in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery – Denmark
- Honorary Clinical Lecturer, Eastman Dental Institute, University College London
- Director Implantology Step-by-Step course Programme, CPD, Eastman Dental Institute – International Centre of Excellence in Dentistry, University College London.
- Consultant, Department of Maxillofacial Surgery University Hospital, Linköping, Sweden
- Private Practice – London, UK, Sweden and Denmark