Ageing is inevitable and many of us worry about sagging skin, drooping jowls and general loss of volume to areas of the face. Addressing the lip area alone can significantly contribute to a younger looking appearance. Lip fillers are a fast and minimally-invasive way of improving your facial aesthetic and if you are unhappy with the volume, shape, or symmetry of your lips, we can help. Read on to find out about the benefits and what’s involved in the treatment process.
What is involved?
Firstly, we will invite you to attend an initial consultation where we will take a look at your medical history and assess and photograph your lips. You will be able to discuss your expectations of the treatment and we will talk you through the details surrounding the procedure and answer any questions you might have. Following the consultation, we can move forward with treatment; we will apply an anaesthetic cream to numb the lips to ensure you are comfortable throughout. Hyaluronic acid dermal fillers will be injected into the lips, naturally hydrating and enhancing their shape and volume. Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance found in the body – when you are young, your supply of it is ample and this is what gives you a young-looking appearance. As you age, the supply depletes; lip fillers temporarily restore the levels of hyaluronic acid to the lip area to give an authentic result.
The benefits of lip fillers
- Natural enhancement – At Keppel Skin, we believe that aesthetic treatments should enhance your existing features rather than modify your appearance.
- Instant results and no downtime – Today, the demand for instant results are high and cosmetic surgery is no longer as popular as in the past, taking several weeks to yield results. In the case of lip fillers, you will see the effects of treatment immediately and there is no post-treatment resting period or need to take time out to recover from the procedure – you can continue with your normal activities as soon as you leave the practice.
- Lip volume control – We can control the degree of volume you want from the lip fillers treatment, so you’ll get the precise result you’re looking for, unlike surgical aesthetic treatments where results can be unpredictable.
- Long lasting – The effects of lip fillers will last between 6-9 months and subsequent treatment will create a foundation for treatment to last longer each time you have them.
- Safe – At Keppel Skin, our Aesthetic Director, Priya Suaris has an extensive medical background, enabling her to carry out the treatment 100% safely. If you are thinking about having lip fillers or indeed any non-surgical aesthetic treatment, it is imperative that it is performed by someone with medical experience (such as a doctor or dentist) rather than a beauty therapist.
If you would like more information about the treatments available to you at Keppel Skin, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us or attend one of our aesthetic evening with Aesthetic Director, Priya Suaris.